Instead, I'll settle for the recipe. She even let me share it with you guys:
You'll need these things:
- 220g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 450ml Buttermilk (look next to the cream in the supermarket)
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 100ml Milk
- 200g Blueberries, (optional)
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir in the sugar. Beat the buttermilk with the eggs and melted butter. Add the dry ingredients and stir until you have a smooth batter. Stir in the milk and blueberries (optional).
- Heat a heavy cast-iron frying pan (or griddle) over a medium heat. Brush with a little oil . Ladle about 2 tablespoons of the batter per pancake on to the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture begins to set and bubble and the underneath is nicely browned. Cook briefly on the other side until hazelnut brown. If the pancakes seem a little too thick, thin the mixture down using a little water or extra milk.
- Heat 200g blueberries in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add 100ml maple syrup.
- Add 3 tablespoons of bluebery jam (optional but it tastes yummy).
- Mix together and allow to bubble and start to reduce.
- Pour over pancakes and then consume!
Flickr image from thebittenword.com's photostream.