You'll need these things:
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 250g butter
- 250g Green & Blacks cherry chocolate.
- 3 large eggs plus 1 extra egg yolk
- 60g flour
- 60g finest quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Splash of cherry liqueur
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark for (180 degrees) and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl. That's my favourite bit. It's cheating if you use an electric blender, but I approve of cheating.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, but leave 50g to one side. You'll need that later. Melt the larger amount of chocolate.
- Then break the eggs into a bowl and beat them.
- Slowly add the eggs to the butter mixture, stirring as you go along.
- Mix the melted chocolate and the chocolate pieces in with everything else. Splash in the cherry liqueur.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder, then add to the rest of the mix. Make sure you fold everything well to make sure there's no air trapped.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, and then pop in the oven for thirty minutes. They're done when a few crumbs are still stuck on a skewer. Then you can eat them all with cream and don't share them with anyone. No! Mine!
Flickr image from bloggyboulga's photostream.