You'll need these things:
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 bananas all mashed up
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Grease a loaf tin and preheat the over to 160 degrees/ gas mark 3.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and rub the butter and flour together until you get a mix that resembles breadcrumbs.
- Beat the eggs.
- Stir in the eggs, sugar, bananas and honey into the flour mixture and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into the oaf tin and bake for about an hour.
- A skewer should come out dry, but with a few crumbs stuck on it. That's when you know it's ready.
- Leave to cool in the tin and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Cut into thick slices and serve.
Flickr image from Brianna.Lehman's photostream.