Yes, I know it's confusing - they're called Yellow Yogi boots, but they're not yellow. Actually, they come in a yellowy tan, a cherry red, black, and I have a pair of these fetching green ones.
My Yellow Yogis seem to have split my friends and colleagues down the middle, but I love them.
- The design is both retro and slightly sci-fi, as though they're Chelsea boots of the future. If Noel Fielding gets in his camp spaceship and ends up in 3009, these are what he'll put on his feet.
- Despite the sloping wedge, the cushioned inner sole and fully rubber heel make them uber-comfortable - you can schlep around London all day without discomfort. Which is especially useful to someone like me, who stands at a mighty 5' nothing in my stockinged feet. It makes a nice change to have some height and not be in stilletto-induced pain.
- They look really good with skinny jeans.
- The rubber heel also makes them quiet, so there's no risk of distracting others by tap-dancing across the office every time you go to get a coffee.
- When I walk down the street in these, I see people checkin' out ma boots and wondering where I bought them (and, no doubt, what I was on when I did).
- They really don't look like any other boots out there. Fly London can be a bit hit and miss with their unusual, chunky designs, but I think they've hit the nail on the head here.
They don't look good with skirts. I'll give them that. But ankle boots + skirt is a hard look to pull off anyway! What do you think? Are you for 'em or against 'em? Are they really the Marmite of footwear?
Fly London Yellow Yogi Ankle boot, £89.99 from Amazon.co.uk and other retailers.