Hot Boozy Chocolate
The leaves are falling and the nights are drawing in and that can only mean one thing - Hot Boozy Chocolate. This recipe makes plenty for four people.
- 1 cup double cream (you could substitute milk, but now is not the time to be virtuous)
- 1 cup amaretto
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 100g posh dark chocolate, broken into pieces (I like Divine 70% dark chocolate with raspberries, or something from Paul A Young)
- Pour the milk or cream and amaretto into a saucepan with the cinnamon and bring it up to a gentle simmer.
- Take the milk off the heat and let the flavours infuse for 10 minutes or so.
- Scoop the cinnamon stick from the cream and discard it. Put the cream back on the heat and add the sugar. Stir it around a bit until it's all dissolved.
- Break up the chocolate into a bowl. Pour over the creamy mixture and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour into martini glasses.
- If you're feeling REALLY slutty you could add some mini marshmallows to the top. Or do as I do and drink the whole lot yourself!