But, this chocolate ganache pie is the easiest recipe in the world. I promise, I was back sat on my comfy sofa five minutes after I started baking. Now that's the kind of cooking Domestic Sluts approve of! Rich, tasty and creamy filling, and honestly this pie looks much more impressive than it really is. You could whip this up two minutes before guests come over and they'd think you'd be slaving for hours.
I cheated. Of course I did. I'm not one for making pastry. That's a lot of faffing about when you buy perfectly good pie cases ready-made. If you want to make your own, by all means do. Don't judge me, I was hungover! Besides, all anyone really cares about is the yummy chocolatey filling.
- 250ml double cream
- 240g chocolate
- 30g butter
- 1 sweet pastry pie case (or individual tarts if you fancy)
- Heat the cream in a pan until it starts to bubble around the edges.
- Add the chocolate, all broken up into pieces and make sure it's all mixed together.
- Take off the heat and melt in the butter.
- Pour into the pie case and pop in the fridge. It should be set in about three hours, by that time you should have woken up from your afternoon nap.