This dish is super-easy, colourful and summery, and the sort of thing you can easily sling together after a hard day at work. I love the combination of sweet pepper, salty feta and tangy pesto. Serve it as a starter for four people, or a main course for two alongside some cous cous with toasted pine nuts.
Peppers with feta & pesto
- 2 red peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 1 block of feta cheese, cubed
- 4 tbsps pesto
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Divide the feta between the pepper halves
- Drizzle a generous tablespoon of pesto into each of the pepper halves
- Bake on a tray for 20 minutes, until the peppers are cooked and juicy
There are heaps of ways you could make this recipe your own - how about swapping cubes of halloumi for feta or using coriander pesto? Just don't tell your friends how easy it was...