So you want to impress your guests with homemade biscuits when they pop over for a cuppa but quite frankly you just don't have the time or inclination for baking? Well then, this super simple recipe, which was passed on to me by a friend, is the answer to all your prayers. This recipe has a mere three, yup you heard it right three, ingredients. If you want to get fancy you could try throwing in a handful of raisins, chocolate chips, or even smarties. As a massive fan of the peanut I may even be tempted to give this a go with some Reece's Pieces next time!
Peanut Butter Cookies (makes one dozen cookies)
- 275g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Mix sugar and eggs together.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Pop the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and form the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls on baking tray and flatten with a fork to make a nice criss-crossy pattern! Be sure to leave some space between the cookies as they will expand slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Be sure to leave the cookies to cool on the baking tray or be warned they will fall to pieces!