Part fruit, part nutty crumble, part choc-chip heaven, this crumble is sure to warm your cockles.
Chocolate, hazelnut & raspberry crumble (serves 2-6, depending on greed levels)
- 150g plain flour
- 50g hazelnuts
- 100g butter
- 75g + 75g sugar
- 50g dark chocolate
- 300g raspberries
- First, preheat the oven to 180c / gas 4.
- Now make the topping. Whiz the flour, hazelnuts, 75g of sugar and butter together in a food processor until you have a breadcrumb-like mixture. Add the chocolate and pulse into the mixture to give a chunky texture.
- If you don't have a processor, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips. Bash the hazelnuts and chocolate to smithereens by putting them inside a tea towel and using a rolling pin to hit them. Stir them in.
- Put the raspberries into an ovenproof dish so they form an even layer over the bottom. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- Spread the topping over the raspberries and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or custard. Or all three if you must.