This may seem like a slightly odd gift but if you know someone who like a good cup of chai tea and need a quick last minute gift then it is just the ticket!
Buy some good black tea and then simply make up a batch of chai concentrate, find a pretty air-tight jar to store it in, add a bit of ribbon and frippery and a label with how to store/use. If you are feeling extra generous throw in a nice teacup and saucer and a terrific teaspoon!
You will need:
- 1 tin of condensed milk (397g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed.
2. Store your chai concentrate in the refrigerator in an air-tight jar and it will keep for up to six months (well if it lasts that long!)
3. To use: Add to 2 or 3 teaspoons, to taste, to strong black tea and stir until fully melted.
Black Tea image taken from moonlightbulb's Flickr photostream