And this soup doesn't just taste awesome, it's also pretty damn good for you. Ginger is great for your liver, chillies are thought to boost your metabolism, and the veg is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Plus it's dead easy and will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, or a month in the freezer. Just in time for the retox...
Detox Soup (serves 2)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 100g carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 100g baby sweetcorn, cut into small chunks
- 100g mange tout
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 4 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2cm knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 small chilli, sliced thinly
- 2tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 1tsp miso paste
- Fresh coriander, chopped finely
- Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan. Add the carrots and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the sweetcorn, mange tout, spring onions, mushrooms, ginger and chilli. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mirin, soy and miso.
- Serve topped with the fresh coriander. Feel healthy.