Adapted from Cookie Madness
You will need:
- 140g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 115g unsalted butter
- 170g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and cayenne into a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, with an electric mixer if you have one (prepare for aching arm muscles if not). Add the vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Chill the dough if it needs firming up or if you're going to be baking the biscuits later.
- Mix the cinnamon and granulated sugar on a small plate. Scoop up a tablespoon of the chocadoodle mixture and make 1 inch balls with it. Roll them in the cinnamon sugar.
- Space the cookies about 3 inches apart on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until they start to crack. They will look worryingly undercooked when you take them out but firm up very fast. If the edges are firm, they're ready. Have faith!
- Leave them on the sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.