In a two-pronged attack against dullness and dryness, I stuffed my chicken with Stilton and wrapped it in Parma ham.The cheese oozed out, a bit like the butter in a cheaty chicken kiev, the ham crisped up delightfully, and, most importantly, the chicken stayed moist.
Any blue cheese would work for this dish, but I love a good piece of Stilton.
Stilton-stuffed Chicken (serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 75g Stilton or another blue cheese
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- Preheat the oven to 180c / Gas 4
- Slice a pocket in the chicken breast along the side, but don't go crazy and cut right through.
- Season with pepper. Go easy on the salt though, as the cheese and ham will add seasoning to the dish.
- Crumble up the Stilton and stuff it in the chickeny pocket.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of Parma ham. If the parcels look like they might collapse, you could pin them together with a cocktail stick.
- Roast the chicken parcels in the oven for around 45 minutes, or until cooked through.