Adapted from Curry by Vivek Singh.
Hangover Curry (serves 2)
- 1/2tsp mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 10 curry leaves (optional - my Asda sells them fresh, and I keep them in the freezer)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 green chillies, slit but not chopped
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1/2tsp ground turmeric
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 can black eye beans, drained
- 200g yoghurt
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and cook the mustard seeds until they start to pop.
- Add the garlic, curry leaves and onion. Cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft but not browned.
- Add the chillies and spices. Stir for 30 seconds or so, then add 2tbsp water and the spinach. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted down.
- Stir in the black eye beans and stir to warm through.
- Take off the heat, stir through the yoghurt and season with salt to taste.
- Tuck in. Vow never to drink again (until the next time).