I'm always thinking about my five a day, some days I hit the five with no problems and others I'll be lucky if I've ate one. If you're feeling a little under vegged then this is the answer, a great way to use up the remnants of the veg draw and fantastic way to get your five a day, well almost. There are five vegetables in here, six if you count the potato (that doesn't really count does it?) and if you served this up with a salad you could even pack in more.
Makes about 8 burgers, enough for 2 people or more if you bulk it out with salads and burger accessories.
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled, boiled then mashed
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- A big handful of spinach
- A cup of frozen peas
- A third of a block of Feta, chopped and crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the onion until lightly browned (I always soften my onions first in the microwave to save to much slaving over a pan).
- Add the grated carrot, fry for a minute.
- Add courgette, fry for another minute.
- Add peas and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted slightly. Season generously.
- Mix vegetables and Feta into mashed potato.
- Form into burgers and fry in a little oil until crispy and brown.
- Serve in a bun with salsa and salad.