I use wholewheat pasta as I think it stands up to the strong flavours in the sauce. Add as much chilli as you dare, or be very lazy like me and buy anchovies in chilli oil.
And cover it in plenty of Parmesan. I won't tell anyone.
Dirty anchovy pasta (serves 2 or one greedy loner)
- 150g wholewheat pasta
- 1 tin anchovies
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- A sprinkle of crushed chilles
- 200g broccoli, chopped into florets
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a saucepan of salted water up to the boil. Cook the pasta for the recommended time.
- Meanwhile, put the anchovies and their oil into a frying pan over a medium heat. When they start to sizzle, add the garlic and chilli. Keep stirring over a gentle heat so that the anchovies break down and make a sauce.
- 4 minutes before the end of the pasta cooking time, add the broccoli florets to the water.
- When ready, drain the pasta and broccoli and toss in the anchovy sauce.
- Top with the grated parmesan