Actually, as a rule I don't go in for that sort of thing ...
However, now that I've shacked up with the only eligible single dad at the school gates, the heat is officially on.
So, I'm getting my practice in early ...
I promise I won't bore you with every fairy cake, swiss roll and jam tart I will be churning out over the coming weeks - but this little gem is so super-dead-easy that I thought you guys would appreciate it.
For all its sweet and simple glory.
- Corn for popping (a large handful)
- Splash of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Mini fudge bars (or similar)
- A small packet of Jelly Babies
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Add the popping corn and cover; your corn will start popping very shortly and should all be popped within about three minutes.
- Pour the water and sugar into a heavy-based pan and heat vigorously, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Leave it alone for about ten minutes, until you've got a golden brown toffee substance.
- Chop up the fudge bars into little pieces and combine with the (now cooled) popcorn.
- Divide into cake cases and pour the toffee mixture over the top. Add a couple of Jelly Babies for decoration.
- Leave to cool - you can then serve either in or out of the cake cases