I've given quite a small batch size so feel free to double the quantities. But be warned. It's dangerously addictive stuff. I even had some for breakfast this morning.
Cheaty Choc-Mint Fudge (makes about 15 chunky cubes)
- 50g plain chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 3tsp milk
- 1tsp peppermint extract
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Break (or smash) the chocolate into small pieces and put it into a microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir it. Stop when it's just melted. Be super careful not to overheat the chocolate or it'll seize, or burn, or there'll be some other terrible calamity.
- Stir in the butter, icing sugar, milk and mint extract.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes, taking it out of the microwave and beating the living daylights out of it every minute or so.
- Pour it out into a little dish. I poured mine in quite a thick layer into one of those plastic boxes you get from the Chinese takeaway (classy, I know).
- Mark it into squares once it's cooled a bit. If you leave it til it's completely cold you'll just have to eat it all in one go. Shame!