I will probably be told off for not making this stuffing from scratch, but you know, sometimes you just need to throw something together that tastes delicious (there's a real stuffing recipe here if you don't fancy being a massive cheat). This sausage stuffing is totally a cheats recipe and it tastes delicious. The stuffing adds a fantastic meaty saltiness to your roast dinner, and does the job of trimmings rather well. My family often squabble over this stuffing so I tend to hide any leftovers at the back of the fridge - leftover stuffing and meat sandwich with lashings of mayo is my guilty pleasure.
You will need:
- 1 packet of Sage and Onion Stuffing
- 2 Sausages
- 450ml Chicken Stock (stock cubes are fine)
- Large knob of Butter
- Gently slice down the length of the sausages and remove the skin. Set aside.
- Tip the stuffing mix into a bowl, add the sausage meat and give it a good mix trying to break up the meat as much as possible.
- Pour in the hot chicken stock and stir well until meat has dispersed nicely amongst the stuffing mix.
- Stir in a large knob of butter and then set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease up a baking tin.
- Dollop the stuffing into the tin and cook in the oven at 200C for about 30-40 minutes, or until the stuffing looks nice and crispy on the top.
- Serve with your roast dinner including mountains of roast potatoes.