Prepare to reap the reward of your bacony labour earlier in the week. I've mentioned New York's Please Don't Tell cocktail bar before and I strongly advise picking up a copy of their book if you haven't already.
Where this recipe differs from the traditional old fashioned is its substitution of maple syrup as the sweetening agent, and its use of bacon bourbon instead of that horrible run-of-the-mill stuff that doesn't involve 7 hours of love, a freezer and a coffee filter.
- 50ml bacon-infused bourbon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Twist of orange
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Pour the bourbon, syrup and bitters into the shaker and stir for 15 seconds
- Strain into a frosted tumbler
- Squeeze an orange twist over the surface of the drink and use it to garnish