As if hot, gooey, melted cheese and crusty bread isn't already enough to spur me through a cold rainy Friday this dish also contains herbs, garlic and yes, wine...happy days! All you really need to go with this is some lovely crusty bread, a sofa and well, you have opened that wine to cook with so you might as well pour yourself a glass and congratulate yourself on a week well done! Start with your cheese at room temperature to make sure it is extra gooey and lovely.
- 1 Camembert in its wooden box
- 1 clove of garlic
- some thyme leaves (or sprigs of rosemary, both brilliant)
- good splash of white wine (or a nutty sherry like Amontillado is really good too)
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 190C. Take your cheese out of its box, pierce the top of the cheese all over with a knife and insert some finely sliced slivers of garlic and your herbs.
- Place the cheese back into its box, place it on a sheet of foil on a baking tray then pour over your wine and season lightly with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is completely gooey.