Did you enjoy the fabulously sunny weather this weekend? We do love the good weather here at Domestic Sluttery and when we are not donning pretty dresses and sexy sunglasses we want quick simple meals like this. The fragrant fresh basil is a wonderful pairing with the punchy lemon. Lemon Spaghetti is simplicity at it's best.
I did not add cheese to my version of the pasta and it was just the right amount of creaminess for me, but I believer that cheese lovers might disagree with me. However, I was very generous with the coarse sea salt and black pepper. The boyf liked it with an extra drizzle of olive oil too.
Lemon Spaghetti (makes 2 large portions)
You will need:
- 200g wholewheat spaghetti
- 3tsp fine salt
- 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp single cream
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil (roughly torn or shredded)
- large handful of fresh parmesan (optional)
- Drop the spaghetti into a large pan of boiling salted water. Cook until al dente, drain but set aside about 200ml of the water.
- While the pasta cooks, zest and juice the lemons.
- In the pasta pan heat the olive oil, cream, lemon zest and 100ml of the pasta water. Once the mixture is boiling return the pasta to the pan and stir in the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and toss the spaghetti. If you want saucier pasta add some more pasta water, a little at a time.
- Stir in the basil, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and serve.