Sometimes I prefer biscuits to cake. I love a chocolate hobnob (milk, not dark) and you can whip up a batch in 15 minutes - you can't often do that with a cake. A good biscuit makes me happy. Especially with a cup of tea. I'm not a dunker, but the two go very well together. Quite fancy one now I've thought about them.
Here's a round up of our favourite biscuit recipes. Pop the oven on to preheat while you decide which you want to make.
- Oat and Raisin cookies. The easiest and tastiest biscuits you can make. They're almost healthy.
- Chocolate Bourbons. Corner shop run out of Bourbons? Then just make your own.
- Choc chip and sea salt cookies. Sweet and salty just works together, doesn't it?
- Mexican chocadoodles. These have a bit of a kick to them. And chocadoodle is really fun to say.
- Peanut butter bacon cookies. Yep, bacon in a biscuit. (Wait, why do we keep putting weird things in our biccies?
- Chocolate Orange Cookies. We do love the orange chocolate.
- Jammie Dodgers. Oh yes.
- Hazelnut chocolate biscuits. My childhood favourites. This recipe makes hundreds.
- Brown butter biscuits. We d make simple biscuits sometimes.
- Biscotti. You can't have a biscuit list without biscotti. It's the rules.
Now all you have to do is decide which to make first. And check out the rest of our top ten recipes lists while they're baking.