Lemon and Basil Biscuits (makes 12)
You will need:
- 100g butter
- 60g sugar
- 100g plain flour
- zest of lemon
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Get the oven preheated to 180C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. You can do this in a mixer but I like to get stuck in with my hands. Makes the biscuits taste better I think.
- Add the flour and knead into a ball.
- Knead in the lemon zest and basil. Make sure the bits are well mixed into the dough.
- Finally add a touch of lemon juice, between 1 and 2 tbsp.
- On a lightly floured board roll the dough into a sausage shape roughly 1.5inchs thick. Then slice the sausage into 1 inch pieces. Give them a slight squish and place on a baking sheet covered in baking paper.
- Pop in the oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on the strength of your oven.
- Once golden remove from oven and allow to cool.