They're also really easy to make yourself. Seriously, your cat could have a pretty good bash at making these. Sara tested this recipe while watching the telly - "I made the mixture during the first ad break of Come Dine With Me, and they were ready by the next ad break." Yeah, that's how we measure our time these days: in chunks of CDWM. Strangely, we've discovered that they don't taste great when they're warm so you'll have to wait until they're properly cool before you eat them. And then you'll probably eat all of them.
Ginger Nuts: Makes about 25-30, depending on how big your balls are.
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g salted butter
- 250g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cane sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4
- Cream together butter eggs and sugar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and roll into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll the balls in cane sugar and lay out on a lined baking try, with a little space between them. Pop in the oven for about 12 minutes.