One of my Dad's favourite things to make is stuffed mushrooms and since it's Father's Day on Sunday, I text him to ask him for the recipe. It's safe to say he doesn't have a career in food writing ahead of him, but this is a really simple recipe to follow and perfect as a side dish or light supper.
- 1 large portobello mushroom per person (you want two? really? greedy greedy)
- A camembert cheese (use Coleeney if you're veggie - they use vegetarian rennet)
- Chopped up herbs - what you feel like using will probably depend on what else you're cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to around 190 degrees/gas mark 5
- Take the stalks out of the mushrooms and fry on a low heat with the butter and garlic (I usually throw the stalks away because I don't like them, my dad thinks this is weird)
- Slice the Camembert and push into the middle of the mushroom, then squish the stalk back in.
- Add salt and pepper and your chopped herbs, and then bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Flickr image from Pam Loves Pie. If someone could help me find my camera cable, I'd appreciate it. I think it's in the box of 'random crap' that I haven't unpacked yet.