Last night was my turn to cook, and I turned to my very favourite pie recipe - steak and ale. But rather than just keep the pastry plain, I decided to play around with it and created a very simple blue cheese pastry.
You don't have to use puff, you could do this with any pastry and on any pie topping. All you need to know is that your pastry and pie skills just went up to eleven.
- 1 block of strong Stilton
- 1 block pastry
- Roll out your pastry onto a floured surface (our rolling pin has gone missing, a wine bottle was used last night).
- Crumble Stilton across the pastry. It's almost certainly not enough.
- Fold your pastry over a third. Crumble on some more. Do it again. That's better.
- Roll out again and make your pie the best pie in the world.