Be aware that a couple of the chickpeas might pop in the oven like popcorn, but most of them will come out fine. And maybe switch up the cinnamon for your favourite spice such as nutmeg or cayenne pepper if that takes your fancy.
You will need:
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- spread the drained chickpeas onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and pop in a preheated oven of 230C for 25-40 minutes (the timing is really dependent on your oven and the brand of chickpeas you use)
- in a small pot mix together the cinnamon, sugar and salt. set aside.
- when the chickpeas are looking crispy they pale in colour and shrink a little. remove the chickpeas from oven and tip into a heatproof bowl.
- add the olive oil and stir thoroughly to coat all the chickpeas.
- tip the spice mix into the bowl and mix well.
- serve immediately.