Next month, we're screening The NeverEnding Story at London's Prince Charles Cinema and we're going to have a massive screen to play with. Huge. So we want to do something brilliant with it (yes, more brilliant than Luck Dragons). It seems only right that we take the opportunity to celebrate female filmmakers. We know there are loads of talented women in the film industry in the UK and we want to discover them and share their excellent work.
We're hosting a short film competition for female filmmakers and one amazing short will be screened at our event at The Prince Charles in London's Leicester Square. The winner will get tickets to the show, so they can see their film on the big screen and the next day, we'll show the winning film (and a couple of fabulous runners up) on Domestic Sluttery.
There's no theme, all we ask is that female filmmakers were heavily involved - whether that's as a writer, producer or director, or any other role behind the camera. We want to celebrate what women are doing in film but we don't want to put restrictions on this: if you're a woman and you've made a short film, or you were heavily involved in the making of one, then we'd really like to see it. Know a lady in film? Send her our way.
Want to enter? You've got until noon on September 14th to send us your film - YouTube and Vimeo links are most welcome. You can post your films (you'll find the address on our about page), but please email us with a link as well - we're not all in the same office and we need to be able to share with the entire team and the guys at PCC. Make sure your film is under 4 minutes and tell us what role you undertook in the film. We'll choose our favourite within a week of the competition closing so you can make plans to visit us in London for the big screening.
Good luck, ladies of film! We're so excited to see your work!
The super important small print:
- By entering, you're giving us and the Prince Charles Cinema permission to screen your short film on September 25th.
- You must be based in the UK to enter.
- Please email us your details, even if you choose to send us your film on DVD. We can't accept entries that don't get in touch via email - we can't share your entry.
- You own all copyright to your work, and aside from sharing on Domestic Sluttery, we will not use your film without your permission.
- You must agree to liaise with The Prince Charles cinema regarding file format before the screening, otherwise a different film may be shown.
- You will receive two tickets for the Domestic Sluttery Screening at The Prince Charles Cinema. Travel is not included in the competition prize.
- Your film must be under four minutes and must have had a female filmmaker prominently involved (please outline who the female credit is going to when you enter).
- Did we mention we're excited? We really are.