This is a really easy cheesecake with very little preparation involved, so you can whip it up with little effort and still look like you've been slaving away in the kitchen. It does involve buying a 4 pack of Crunchies, but since you only use 3, you can have one to eat with a cup of tea while the cheesecake bakes - I know, I know, I'm very good to you.
- 125g gluten free shortbread biscuits
- 3 Crunchie bars
- 50g butter, softened
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- 150g ricotta
- 75g creme fraiche
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp cornflour, sieved to remove lumps
- Bash the gluten free biscuits and one of the Crunchie bars into crumbs and stir in the softened butter. Press into a 20cm cake tin, make sure you push the crumbs up the sides of the tin as well as the base (if you have one with a removable base it'll make life easier later).
- Beat together the mascarpone, ricotta, creme fraiche, sugar, egg, egg yolk and cornflour until smooth. Pour over the biscuit base and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 35 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Before the cheesecake has completely cooled, whack the remaining two Crunchies on the sideboard, table or your head to break up the bar (not your head, it will hurt and you'll be too dizzy to enjoy cheesecake) and sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake. This will make the chocolate go a bit melty on top.
- Remove the cooled cheesecake from the tin to serve.