You really want a nice, buttery, shortbread to make your base. If I have time to make my own I tend to use an old Delia lemon shortbread recipe and substitute the regular flour for Dove's Farm rice flour.
Rather handily, the theme of our Sluttery dessert club, Just Desserts, is cheesecake! I thought I'd get the ball rolling with my own favourite recipe.
- 125g gluten free shortbread (I like Asda's Freefrom All Butter Sicilian Lemon Shortbread for this)
- 50g melted butter
- 200g white chocolate
- 20g butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 20g caster sugar
- 75ml double cream
- 200g-ish fruit, dealer's choice
- Crush the biscuits into crumbs (I like the put-them-in-a-freezer-bag-and-beat-them-with-a-rolling-pin method, but a food processor works, too) and stir into the melted butter. Press into a cake tin (with a removable base) to completely cover the base. Pop into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Melt the white chocolate and butter together in to bowl set over a saucepan of just simmering water.
- Whisk the cream cheese, sugar and cream together, add the melted chocolate and butter and whisk again. (If you want to mix the fruit into the cheesecake, fold it in at this point.)
- Remove the biscuit base from the freezer and pour the chocolate mixture over the base, smoothing the top, add fruit to the top, if you want. Chill for a couple of hours to set.
According to my husband, really good cheesecake will make you want to sing this...