So it's chocolate week, but I can't be bothered to bake. Luckily, chocolate refrigerator cake is one of the most delicious things on earth. All it involves is a little bit of melting, a tiny bit of stirring and some waiting around for things to set. This version is extra slutty, with fizzy shards of Crunchie, pistachios and juicy sour cherries.
Lazy Slut's Chocolate Cake
- 150g plain chocolate
- 150g milk chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 25g mini marshmallows
- A Crunchie bar, bashed into pistachio sized pieces
- 50g white chocolate chips or a bar smashed into small shards
- 50g sour cherries or dried cranberries
- 50g pistachio nuts
- Line a 9 inch round tin with some clingfilm
- Put the plain and milk chocolate, butter and syrup in a microwaveable bowl and zap until just melted (take it slowly and don't burn the chocolate). Stir it until smooth.
- Stir in the other ingredients.
- Pour into the tin.
- Once it has cooled a bit, pop it in the fridge until set. This'll take about 4 or 5 hours.
- Slice and eat.