I had intended on just using vanilla vodka for the booze factor in these but it turned out I had already drunk most of it so I raided my homemade damson gin and added that in also. You can use all vodka, all gin, all rum or a mixture of everything depending on your mood, just stick to the basic 300ml spirit (Mwahahaha...see what I did there? I'm all kinds of Halloween pun hilarity) to 100ml water (for a really potent jelly shot) or reduce to 200ml booze - 200ml water combo for something a little less hardcore! I used individual cupcake silicon moulds for this as it makes popping out the set jellies really easy.
You'll need: (makes 7 cupcake moulds sized jelly shots)
- 135g pack strawberry jelly cubes (I used Hartley's)
- 100ml cold water
- 200ml vanilla vodka
- 100ml damson gin
- 50ml lychee syrup (from the can)
- 7 canned lychees
- 7 blueberries
- Firstly make your jelly by dividing your jelly block into cubes and popping them in a bowl with the water. Microwave on full for 1 minute then stir in your alcohol and lychee syrup.
- Pour your jelly mix into the moulds so it is 3/4 full.
- Put a blueberry into each lychee and carefully place a lychee into each mould, blueberry up. Put them in the fridge to set then when ready carefully slide a knife around the edge and turn out the set jellies.