I always have pasta in my cupboard and I've recently discovered tripoline pasta which is quite a thick ribbon pasta with lovely frills down one side, it reminds me of really pretty underwear. You can buy it in Tesco for about £1.19 for 500g and it's currently my new favourite pasta shape (everyone has one of those right?).
What I love about this is you just bung all the veg in the oven then stir it into your pasta, it works with pretty much everything so just add/leave out anything you fancy and in just 25 minutes you have an ace dinner bursting with big flavours.
Chorizo and Mushroom Tripoline (serves 2)
- 200g of tripoline
- 1 stick of chorizo (about 15cm) cut into big chunks
- 3 big portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- handful semi dried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- a few black olives
- fresh herbs, I like basil, oregano and thyme leaves
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- sea salt
- fresh chives to garnish
- Preheat the even to 200 degrees/ gas mark 6.
- Put all your chorizo, veg, olives, garlic, chilli and herbs in a tray and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
- Roast for about 25 minutes or until all the veg is soft and starting to brown.
- Cook your pasta then drain and add your roasted meat and veg.
- Stir well, season and serve topped with your chives.