Pigs in Blankets are for life, not just for Christmas. Start making these now with the perfect excuse that you need to practise your trimmings before the big C-Day.
Pigs in Blankets
You will need:
- Chipolate Sausages
- Streaky Bacon
- 1tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1tbsp Onion Jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C and cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using the back of knife gently stretch out the rasher of bacon and then roll it around the chipolata sausage. Set aside and repeat for all of the sausage.
- Assemble three small dishes with the marinades as follows:
- Combine the honey and mustard mixing well with a fork until creamy.
- The onion jam just needs loosening up with a good stir with a fork. If it is too 'set' add a dash of soy sauce.
- Pour the maple syrup into a separate bowl and gentle insert 1 inch sprigs of rosemary under the bacon.
- Roll one pig in blanket in one of the chose marinades and place on the baking sheet. Allow an inch between each.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pigs in blankets are golden. Serve immediately.