WARNING: if you're on one of those January healths kicks I advise you to stop reading this immediately. This is THE most heavenly chocolate recipe that combines pretty much everything that most people are trying to avoid right how: booze, carbs, chocolate, butter, yeah it's all in there it all its glory (and it's bloody marvellous).
You can use whatever biscuits you have lying around really and same goes for the nuts, I just really love pistachios and had 2 half packets of biscuits in the cupboard. If you wanted you could also soak some sultanas overnight in Cointreau and throw a handful of them in too (just add an extra 50g chocolate in if you do though).
- 360g Fruit & Nut bar, broken into chunks
- 150g unsalted butter (room temp and cubed)
- 35ml whisky (or brandy/Cointreau)
- small pinch sea salt
- 125g Chocolate Honey Crunch biscuits (Asda)
- 100g McVities Chocolate Quirks
- 150g shelled pistachios
- Icing sugar to coat
- Combine the chocolate, butter and whisky in a heatproof bowl and melt gently. Stir until all the chocolate is completely melted and add a small pinch of sea salt and stir well.
- In a separate bowl smash up your biscuits into small-ish pieces, you still want them reasonably chunky, not powdered, then add your whole pistachios and combine with the melted chocolate, stir well.
- Lay out a big piece of cling film on the work surface and spoon the mixture down the centre. Fold the cling film over the roll then tuck it under the mixture to make a sealed sausage shape. Hold both ends of the cling film and roll the chocolate sausage so that it spins and tightens. The mixture will be compacted into a tight roll and you will have 2 long strings of twisted cling in each hands that you can tie together to hold it all together. It will look a bit like a haggis at this point! Pop it in the fridge overnight to set.
- Once it has hardened simply unroll the cling film and roll the chocolate in the icing sugar so that it looks like a salami. Slice with a really sharp knife.