Do use chocolate biscuits as a substitute for a spoon.
Lime Posset (serves four)
- 300ml double cream
- 110g sugar
- The zest and juice of two limes (unless you went to Tesco and your limes are unbelievably tiny, in which case you might need three. SORT IT OUT, TESCO)
- Heat the cream in a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Stir like a mad thing until the sugar has dissolved. Keeping stirring until the mixture is heated through but not boiling.
- Take off the heat, add the lime juice and zest. Stir and let cool for a little while.
- Pour the mixture evenly into four ramekins, nice champagne glasses, teacups, whatever takes your fancy. Or just eat it a with a spoon while it's hot. That's PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.
- Pop in the fridge for around 30 minutes to an hour. Pretend it took hours to make. Serve with chocolate shortbread fingers for dipping.