Do you stick rigidly to a recipe or do you make it up a bit? This was just one of the topics we discussed on Monday's Sluttery Food Chat and the consensus was, we like to make it up a bit. Apparently, none of us are very good at following rules! When you see a recipe you like, but don't have all the ingredients, or don't like one of the flavours, you don't let that stop you from making something slightly different, but equally as delicious.
- 50g parsley
- 20g chervil
- 10g mint leaves
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 fat clove of garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 150ml olive oil
- salt, to season
- Finely chop the herbs and capers.
- Bash the garlic and anchovies into paste with a pestle and add the herbs.
- Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil to make a loose sauce.
- Taste and add salt if needed (remember that the capers and anchovies are both salty, so you might not need to add more).
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until you reach the right consistency.