These are great to make if you don't have enough lamb leftover to make a big dish like shepherd's pie or moussaka. You can re-heat them in the oven but I still really like them cold dunked into the sweet chilli sauce. You really can play around lots with the herbs and spices, an Indian spiced version would be brilliant, dipped into some sweet mango chutney and for a veggie version substitute the lamb for tinned sweetcorn.
Lamb Fritters (makes about 10 fritters)
You will need:
- 175g self raising flour
- 2 tsp dried onion granules
- 2 tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200ml milk
- 300g leftover lamb, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Combine the dry ingredients in a big bowl, add the eggs and milk and mix well.
- Stir in the lamb pieces. Heat a pan and shallow fry a bit of the mixture to check for seasoning and adjust if needed, when happy fry the fritters over a medium heat for a few minutes each side until the centre is properly cooked in small batches. You can jeep them warm in the oven.
- Serve dipped in the sweet chilli sauce.