My favourite cereal at the moment is Dorset Cereals Muesli, massive whole flakes, grains, fruits and nuts and no powdery bits meant that I only needed a binding agent and well, dark chocolate immediately game to mind . It isn't exactly the healthiest snack (in fact, it could be a contender for the Fred & Ginger theme of our next Just Desserts club) but a small piece fills you up and you get the initial sugar kick followed by a more sustainable energy boost from all the nuts and grains. I went for a mixture of 2 chocolates but you could use whatever you fancy, and if you're not a fan of ginger then just substitute the stem ginger syrup for honey and leave out the ginger pieces.
Chocolate Ginger Muesli Bites
You will need:
- 100g Green & Blacks Maya Gold chocolate
- 100g Daim Bar Milka chocolate
- 3 pieces stem ginger finely chopped
- 1 tblsp stem ginger syrup
- handful whole blanched almonds (or your favourite nut)
- 175g Dorset Cereals Muesli
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt, add the ginger pieces and syrup then stir in the cereal.
- Using your hands or silicon moulds, shape the mixture into the size and shapes you want then let it set for 5 minutes.