Vegetarian kedgeree (serves 2)
You will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g risotto rice (like Arborio rice)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 150g vegetarian black pudding, cut into rounds and fried
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- Small handful of parsley or coriander, chopped
- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the rice and spices, and stir for a minute until the spices release their aroma. Throw in the tomatoes and puree.
- Add a ladleful of stock and stir well until absorbed. Gradually add the rest of the stock, one ladleful at a time, until it's all absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Add the vegetarian black pudding, boiled eggs and parsley and gently stir through to warm. Spoon into bowls and serve.