I've added tofu, egg and spices to mine, but you could use to replace rice in any dish. Try it with a prawn stir-fry, alongside a curry or stew, or in tabbouleh.
Egg-fried cauliflower 'rice' (serves 2)
You will need:
- 2/3 of a head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 200g tofu, chopped (or use a box of Cauldron marinated tofu pieces)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Small handful of coriander, chopped
- Start by grating the cauliflower, using either a box grater or the grater attachment on your food processor. If you use the normal S-shaped blade, you'll overwork the cauliflower and it'll release too much water, turning it into pulp rather than fine grains.
- Heat the sesame oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the garlic briefly, then add the onion and chilli and cook until the onion is soft. Throw in the tofu and fry until crispy.
- Add the soy sauce and cauliflower rice. Stir the cauliflower well so it picks up all the flavours in the pan.
- After a few minutes, make a well in the middle of your saucepan and tip in the egg. Leave to cook until it sets, then chop it up with a spatula and mix it through the dish.
- Top with the coriander, then serve.