With an unashamedly heavy gin base, this drink cuts the sunshine sourness of lemon with a little slug of elderflower cordial. It then gets a foamy lift from shaken egg white, which gives it that perfect lip teasing finish. Light on the booze but heavy on flavour, it's a great gin sour variant to sit back with and enjoy the court-side action. If you have enough of them, it might even help to relax those crossed fingers.
- 50ml gin (the stronger the better)
- 25ml lemon juice
- 25ml elderflower cordial
- 1 egg white
- As this cocktail uses egg white, start by adding all your ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake thoroughly for 10 seconds to get the air into the egg white.
- Add a handful of ice.
- Shake again for a further 10 to 15 seconds to chill the drink down to a summer-beating temperature.
- Strain into a coupe or martini glass. You may need to coax the last bit of foam into the drink without straining, but make sure not to waste any. It's far too tasty for that.