Picture the scene… a long overdue parental visit, a well scoped-booze cupboard and a crowd of relatives who know what they hate but want to try something they'll love. The best thing about this drink is that almost everyone will have the ingredients knocking about. Essentially a brandy sour with a slug of white wine, this beautiful recipe is within reach of even the most thrifty cocktail enthusiast. The sour base is delicious but just like the addition of red wine in the New York Sour, the white wine nudges it to the next level.
You will need:
- 50ml brandy
- 25ml lemon juice
- 20ml sugar syrup (or substitute for agave/runny honey. I won't tell anyone)
- 20ml white wine (preferably dry)
- 1 egg white
- Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake for 10 seconds.
- Add ice.
- Shake for a further 10 seconds until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass.